Cleaning rust off Stanley #15 plane

Page 2 of 2

I just noticed some surface rust on the business surfaces of my Biesemeyer TS fence tube. I just sprayed them with a little Boeshield and it wiped right off. I can still see where it was, I suppose because it pitted the surface a little. I might do the table after it cools off a little this evening.
Light oil, some steel wool. Mineral spirits afterwards to clean up the mess. Lightly oil to keep it from happening again. I live on the DE shore about 3 miles in from the Atlantic Ocean. Salt air is not your friend here. I wipe down tools with an oiled rag about every six months or so. Ditto with firearms, bright work on bicycles, etc.
/paul W3FIS

_Light_ surface rust can be removed by using the tool.
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 22:35:21 -0700 (PDT), Father Haskell

BINGBINGBINGBINGBING!!
We have a winner for best answer!

+1
--
Best regards
Han

Nothing beats blasting with walnut shells or plastic pellets, glass beads in more severe cases. Equipment is getting less $$ these days, even home made outfits are a good shop tool.
Joe