Cleaning mahogany table

We have a large mahogany dining room table. It's at least 50 years old and needs a good cleaning. Any recommendations for a commercially available cleanser that won't damage the finish?
Larry
Murphy's oil soap?
On 4/9/2013 9:11 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

needs a good cleaning. Any recommendations for a commercially available cleanser that won't damage the finish?

Gramp's shop wrote:

What is the finish and what are you cleaning off?
For any finish I know of, paint thinner is safe and it will dissolve wax, oil, etc.
--

dadiOH
On 4/9/2013 8:11 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

It's at least 50 years old and needs a good cleaning.
Any recommendations for a commercially available
cleanser that won't damage the finish?

Paint thinner will remover old wax, etc. It will not harm the finish whether it is lacquer, shellac, or varnish.
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .