Cleaning DC Bags

Hi everyone I have a question about cleaning DC bags. I seem to have lost a lot of CFM on my system, I have emptyed the bags and turned them inside out and vaccumed them with the shop vac. I does not seem to have improved a whole hellova lot. They are felt bags and the instructions say not to wash them. There are places on the bags where you can and cannot see light thru them very easily. I would love any insight Thanks!

Reply to
Dan

Well, if the manufacturer says "don't clean the bag" then don't clean the bag! The layer of fine dust is supposed to help the filtering process. Check your hose, pipes, and fittings for leaks and blockage.

Reply to
Phisherman

that's all I do (without even bothering to turn them inside out most of the time) to clean my 1 micron bag. It boosts performance a LOT to clean off the cake. Maybe you've got something imbedded in the fabric that just won't vacuum off??

dave

Dan wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave