cleaning carbide tools

I have a 1/4" carbide sanding drum and an orb for my dremel tool. It has gunked up and for the life of me I can't get it clean. I have soaked in turpentine for days but no magic softening powers. Any ideas? Cheers, Davy
davy wrote:

basilisk
TSP in hot water melts way any gunk on saw blades. It's very alkaline, so wear safety glasses.
MB wrote:

"davy" wrote:

Tri Sodium Phosphate.
Available in any supermarket or DIY.
Lew
On 6/15/2009 10:46 PM davy spake thus:

AKA trisodium phosphate, very common cleaning compound.

davy wrote:

Borrow your wife's can of Easy Off oven cleaner (aka lye).
--

dadiOH

Thank you all, davy

Metal, with carbide whiskers? Burn it clean with a torch.

Dental pick.