Clausing DP...worht it?

I have an opportunity to purchase a Clausing 15" DP. It's variable speed 500-4000 rpm, 3/4 hp, single phase, 1/2" chuck, it's a newer floor model in great shape.
Asking price $500.00. Is it worth it?
Thanks for your input.
--
Matisse

I'd give you my opinion, but I don't want to post it three times.

So post it "once"... "rump".
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:32:14 +0100, Matisse

We've got a pair of Clausing drill presses about that size at work, and they drill 1600-2000 2" thick pieces of steel a day, 20 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. And they never break down. If you need that kind of capicity, then yeah, they're worth it. If you're drilling two holes a month in pineywood, then no, it's a waste of money.
Rumpy Wrote: > I'd give you my opinion, but I don't want to post it three times.

--
Matisse