Circular saw to replace burnt table saw motor?

Page 2 of 2

I trust that a higher power will see him and your family through this and he will make a full recovery. I've watched my neighbor come back almost completely and a few others. Yeah my stepfather was a gas, definetly old school, wouldn't spend a dollar unless it was absolutely needed. .
Costco have a Black and Decker Contractor saw for $199. It is mostly made of aluminium and there is no way that it would satisfy anyonw looking for a unisaw but it is a heck of a lot better than any of the tabletop saws I have seen. It has a nice big work surface.
The lightweight design would be ideal for construction work if the saw had to be moved around a lot.
You could try your proposed botch up but if it goes wrong the ambulance trip alone will cost you more than a properly engineered machine.
snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com wrote:

It's been done.
I'm not clear on why you'd need to remove the blade guard, but then I don't see that it would serve any purpose the way you'd be using it. IF you wil be removing the saw from time to time to use it by hand you may just want to add a feature to the table that holds the blade guard retracted.
--

FF

I have a circular saw and I want a table saw in addition.
Actually, your question is very useful. At first, I thought that the blade guard would limit my ability to angle the blade. (changed my mind when I placed my circular saw on the upside down table). It turns out that the guard is not in the way. However, the handle interferes with mounting and I will have to remove it. The blade guard comes off too.
BTW I can use my existing on/off safety switch and reset button.
BoyntonStu
OOPS! I made an error. Your question about the blade guard threw me off my original thinking.
The 7-1/4" blade guard has to be removed in order to allow room for a 10" blade.
BoyntonStu
Subject: Date: Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:33 AM

I trust that a higher power will see him and your family through this and he will make a full recovery. I've watched my neighbor come back almost completely and a few others. Yeah my stepfather was a gas, definetly old school, wouldn't spend a dollar unless it was absolutely needed. .
On 2 Apr 2005 04:32:20 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com wrote:

Yep. It works fine on job sites, and if that's all you need, then go for it. If you want another table saw and are willing to pay shipping, I might be looking to get rid of a Delta TS200 with home-built stand (stand is 1.5" x .188" angle iron) for $60-70. Everything works on it, I just decided that I *do* need dado ability.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
"I might be looking to get rid of a Delta TS200 with home-built stand (stand is 1.5" x .188" angle iron) for $60-70."
Interesting. Don't need the stand. I have a some ideas for the space below the table. I'm in Boynton Beach, FL. You?(shipping/pickup)
BoyntonStu
On 4 Apr 2005 05:43:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com wrote:

Bloomer, WI. It'd be quite a haul for a pickup! I'm not sure what the best way to ship it would be, but if you've got any ideas, you can e-mail me off-list at j$%e#$sse#$k@bl*&oo%m$er.net (remove $, %, #, and * signs to reply- sorry about the extra effort, but spam is far too plentiful on the list these days!)
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
<...snipped...>

Why not just get another $100 bench top saw if it's all you need?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland