Circular saw injury

The real silliness (or danger) is in inviting the government to regulate more Sh**.

Reply to
Rudy Lang

Just great. If you get the government to regulate them then a "simple" circular saw would weigh about 80 pounds and cost about $1000.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

And be more dangerous than the old fashioned kind besides.

Reply to
J. Clarke

No, he is not overweight. I am not planning on feelin up his thigh so I can report out on how muscular his legs are though!

Matt

Bruce wrote:

Reply to
Matt

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:58:12 -0700, Father Haskell vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Like most guys. Thinking with the wrong part of their anatomy again....

Reply to
Old Nick

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:34:49 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

god! Actually unless she was in isolated situation that's terrible, or she was mad (which is still terrible). I read of a doctor in the antartctic who gave himself an appendectomy, but he was well...THE doctor about the place. Was this a social, poverty thing?

Reply to
Old Nick

Very isolated. 50+ miles from a hospital or decent sized town, no car, husband was at the cantina, etc. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thank you. I was amazed. Maybe I should try for a graduate degree at the David Eisan School of Trolling.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Or maybe you should not waste peoples' time intentionally. We have enough trolling in the group already.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:52:53 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I do have to allow for the fact that she was a woman. They have to be tough (polite option!)!

They go through childbirth, tell us we will never understand the pain........then do it again...voluntarily...sometimes many times!

Reply to
Old Nick

The diploma really should already be in the mail. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

If you have a larger hand, a safe way to prevent the guard from catching is to: operate the switch with the middle finger and extend the index finger to hold the guard back. YMMV, but it works for me with 7-1/4" Makita, Dewalt and PC saws.

10/10/2/1 - count 'em everytime!

Reply to
Eric Ryder

Same strategy the airbag people used. And I expect a similar outcome--probably won't be short people that the Saw Stop kills but it will likely kill _somebody_.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The original "Air Bag People" were Chrysler, General Motors, and Ford that I know of. Their air bags were being used in production vehicles as early as the 60's. I recall the early year Olds Toronado's having this option. The insurance industry is what has make this mainstream today.

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:40:36 -0400, "Eric Ryder" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Given that final statement, I feel free.

I repeated what you said in the first paragraph to my wife, and now I feel inadequate.

"Big hands, worth counting" _she_ said!

YIMV

Sorry. I reminds me of an article on TV about ballet dancer Nureyev. They showed him walking naked in the surf. I remember thinking herrrrh! There were several complaints from guys and their partners on the "feedback" section of that channnel about the "male half" suddenly feeling impotent! . It was quite scary. It may have actually been scary for both partners.

I actually wondered if he had any _feeling_ left in the end!

I mean I enjoy swimming, but.......

Reply to
Old Nick

Nah. Clearly he had his head up his arse...

Reply to
Ed Clarke

A might bit humor impaired?

Reply to
CW

Not at all, my top-posting friend, but someone wandering into an already over-trolled group and giggling about trolling isn't likely to get them much of a receptive audience.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Excuse me? "wandering into...?"

How much more than seven years (and hundreds of posts; I'm not just a lurker) do I have to participate here before I'm considered a regular?