Circular saw injury

Page 2 of 4
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

-- Mark
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:11:08 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

great. now you've *doubled* the weight of a tool that's already on the edge of too heavy for a lot of folks...
<G>
The real silliness (or danger) is in inviting the government to regulate more Sh**.

That's asinine. Sure, develop a SawStop for hand held circular saws, that's great, I might even buy one next time. But, having the government interfere in yet another way, with yet more government cost, isn't the way to fix this issue. If people want a saw with a brake, they'll buy it.
More and more government regulation isn't the answer, hardly ever.
Dave Hinz

Guys, guys. Did you think, just for a moment, that I might have been making a little joke?
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...plink...growr-rowr-rowr-rowr-rowr-rowr-rowr.
Get the net, Bonnie, I got a big one.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Sat, Jun 19, 2004, 3:27pm (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (LRod) insanely says: I think someone should develop a SawStop for hand held circular saws and then get the government to make it mandatory for them.
Oh great. Now we've all got to worry about some idiot politician (hey, that was redundant), sees that, and thinks it makes sense. "Don't worry voters, I know you're too stupid to know what's best for you. I mighta been a drunk before I was elected, and still am, but as long as you keep me in office, I'll keep doing what I "know" is best for you, no matter what you say".
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:37:20 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Guys, guys. Did you think, just for a moment, that I might have been making a little joke?
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...plink...growr-rowr-rowr-rowr-rowr-rowr-rowr.
Get the net, Bonnie, I got a big one.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Sat, Jun 19, 2004, 8:59pm (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (LRod) says: Guys, guys. Did you think, just for a moment, that I might have been making a little joke? <snip>
Yes. And just the type of thing a politician would jump on - insead of doing something actually useful. The thought frightens me.
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe
Just great. If you get the government to regulate them then a "simple" circular saw would weigh about 80 pounds and cost about $1000.
Wayne

NoOne N Particular wrote:

And be more dangerous than the old fashioned kind besides.

--
--John
It would seem that no one (or very few) caught the joke. This was the ploy used with the original Saw Stop. The company that developed it couldn't sell it. They then decided to try to get the government to make it mandatory.
wrote:

muscle,
think
has

Thank you. I was amazed. Maybe I should try for a graduate degree at the David Eisan School of Trolling.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Or maybe you should not waste peoples' time intentionally. We have enough trolling in the group already.
A might bit humor impaired?

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:11:18 -0700, CW <> wrote:

Not at all, my top-posting friend, but someone wandering into an already over-trolled group and giggling about trolling isn't likely to get them much of a receptive audience.

Excuse me? "wandering into...?"
How much more than seven years (and hundreds of posts; I'm not just a lurker) do I have to participate here before I'm considered a regular?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

I thought that was kinda amusing too. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

So, then the benefit of the doubt that you maybe didn't _know_ that there's an overabundance of trolls here doesn't apply. So, what's the motivation then?

I'm going to give you just one shot at understanding this. Do you remember when David Eisan posted (anonymously) the article about the tool with the defective cord (it had been coiled or something). He hooked a bunch of people with that one. My sardonic remark was no more of offense than that.
Now, if you jumped all over David for that post then I'll ignore you completely, becuase you would be a humorless idiot who doesn't deserve my time.
If you don't see the connection between my post and his or any other humorous satire, then I'll ignore you completely, becuase you would be a humorless idiot who doesn't deserve my time.
Or, you can say, "oh, I get it. That was a play on the SawStop attempt to get the government to enforce a market for their product."
Those are your choices. I don't figure you for #3, so I'll ignore you completely, becuase you would be a humorless idiot who doesn't deserve my time.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

How generous of you.

Nope, don't remember it.

Funny, that's how I feel about trolls. Bye, lrod.