Circle Square

Page 1 of 2
Years ago I bought a tool called Circle Square from the inventor here on Rec.Woodworking. Over the years it has been my favorite marking and measuring tool. If anyone knows the inventor of this tool, could you post back here with any kind of contact info you might have. I would really like to pick up another of them or two. It has held up really well, but I live in fear of the day I drop it or somehow accidently break it.
Thanks
Don Lester wrote:

No clue; have no recollection of it.
Try searching Google Groups archive yet to see if can find postings???

I keep mine next to my container of checkered paint.

Google got me this but no website. http://www.qxiu.com/AR/531960-circle_square_tools,_llc.htm Is that him? Art

I will be calling the phone number Monday to see, thanks for that find, all my searches came up dry.
Don

I will be calling the phone number Monday to see, thanks for that find, all my searches came up dry.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------- What are the Features of this tool?
Search this group for "circular square bench stop".... the display will be preceded by DIY and looks to be a post by JOAT. There is a link in the post, but it either won't open for me or it not longer exists. Not sure what the link is, since I can't open it, and, for some reason, I'm having a problem inserting a link.
I copied & pasted the post, by JOAT:
http://www.circularsquare.com/plans.htm
If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT AIRCHIME K5LA HORN & SP 6-CHIME http://steamwhistles.com//audio/k5sp6chime.wav DUCK http://www.galent.com/camelot/wavs/allmine.wav THE MAN'S SONG http://members.aol.com/davessoundfiles/private/hestheman.wav THE WOMAN'S SONG http://members.aol.com/davidatfoothills/private/womanssong.wav PIG http://www.dailywav.com/0199/sonofbitch.wav WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN http://www.banjo.com/Midi/wtcbunbr.mid
Sonny

Try
http://www.circularsquare.com/cs-logo-medium.jpg

I guess JOAT had it right: "If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly." Additionally: http://www.dailywav.com/0199/sonofbitch.wav
Sonny

That's just the logo for the website. Look at http://www.circularsquare.com and it shows the contact info
Circular Square Limited . Company Registration Number: 06650513 Registered Address: Suite 21, 58 Low Friar Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne. NE1 5UE
On 6/13/2010 8:05 AM, Maxwell Lol wrote:

... now THAT's a clean, uncluttered website ... :)

And here is the Whois data based on the domain name No phone number, but a name,address and email.
domain: circularsquare.com owner: Brian Foskett email: brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com address: 5521 Greenville #104-929 city: Dallas state: TX postal-code: 75206 country: US phone: +1.5555555 admin-c: CCOM-36428 brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com tech-c: CCOM-36428 brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com billing-c: CCOM-36428 brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com nserver: ns1.qliqdns.net nserver: ns2.qliqdns.net status: lock created: 2007-06-18 18:24:51 UTC modified: 2010-03-15 12:59:38 UTC expires: 2012-06-18 18:24:51 UTC

.
I will try to get a picture posted of the tool this evening.
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:58:45 -0700 (PDT), Don Lester

Is it such a complicated device that it precludes a text description right away?

I find that my words are quite often inadequate for the tasks to which I set them, and such being the case I will post a picture this evening so that the picture can do so eloquently what it takes words 10,000 to do.
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:01:15 -0700 (PDT), Don Lester

Ok, I'm interested. But you should know, this better be some really intriguing device that I'm waiting for and not some dinky piece of junk, or you'll pay for it. :)

I will try to get a picture posted of the tool this evening.
Thanks.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4144/sdc10338f.jpg
There it is, quite a handy tool. Hope someone else has seen this and knows if the gent is still around that invented it.
Don
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:10:11 -0700 (PDT), Don Lester

Look very similar to one of these I bought awhile ago from Lee Valley. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pa607&cat=1,43513
On 6/14/2010 11:20 AM, Upscale wrote:

Leon gave me that one for Christmas last year ... a REAL handy gadget, and _very_ accurate due to the vernier scale.
One of those "wished I'd had this before" type gadgets.
Thanks again, Leon!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010