Circle Square

Years ago I bought a tool called Circle Square from the inventor here on Rec.Woodworking. Over the years it has been my favorite marking and measuring tool. If anyone knows the inventor of this tool, could you post back here with any kind of contact info you might have. I would really like to pick up another of them or two. It has held up really well, but I live in fear of the day I drop it or somehow accidently break it.

Thanks

Reply to
Don Lester

No clue; have no recollection of it.

Try searching Google Groups archive yet to see if can find postings???

--

Reply to
dpb

I keep mine next to my container of checkered paint.

Reply to
Robatoy

Google got me this but no website.

that him? Art

Reply to
Artemus

I will be calling the phone number Monday to see, thanks for that find, all my searches came up dry.

Don

Reply to
Don Lester

I will be calling the phone number Monday to see, thanks for that find, all my searches came up dry.

Don

-------------------------------------------------------------------- What are the Features of this tool?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Search this group for "circular square bench stop".... the display will be preceded by DIY and looks to be a post by JOAT. There is a link in the post, but it either won't open for me or it not longer exists. Not sure what the link is, since I can't open it, and, for some reason, I'm having a problem inserting a link.

I copied & pasted the post, by JOAT:

a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT AIRCHIME K5LA HORN & SP 6-CHIME

DUCK
THE MAN'S SONG
THE WOMAN'S SONG
WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN

Sonny

Try

Upscale

badly." Additionally:

Sonny

Look at

and it shows the contact info

Circular Square Limited . Company Registration Number: 06650513 Registered Address: Suite 21, 58 Low Friar Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne. NE1 5UE

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

... now THAT's a clean, uncluttered website ... :)

Reply to
aeroloose

I will try to get a picture posted of the tool this evening.

Reply to
Don Lester

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:58:45 -0700 (PDT), Don Lester

Is it such a complicated device that it precludes a text description right away?

Reply to
Upscale

I find that my words are quite often inadequate for the tasks to which I set them, and such being the case I will post a picture this evening so that the picture can do so eloquently what it takes words 10,000 to do.

Reply to
Don Lester

And here is the Whois data based on the domain name No phone number, but a name,address and email.

domain: circularsquare.com owner: Brian Foskett email: brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com address: 5521 Greenville #104-929 city: Dallas state: TX postal-code: 75206 country: US phone: +1.5555555 admin-c: CCOM-36428 brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com tech-c: CCOM-36428 brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com billing-c: CCOM-36428 brian_foskett[ AT} yahoo.com nserver: ns1.qliqdns.net nserver: ns2.qliqdns.net status: lock created: 2007-06-18 18:24:51 UTC modified: 2010-03-15 12:59:38 UTC expires: 2012-06-18 18:24:51 UTC

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Ok, I'm interested. But you should know, this better be some really intriguing device that I'm waiting for and not some dinky piece of junk, or you'll pay for it. :)

Reply to
Upscale

You could try to describe what you have. It may now go by another name. In metal machining, some people use a precision ground cylinder as a 90° reference on a surface plate. Let's say the cylinder is 3" in diameter and 6 inches tall. If the ends are faced perfectly, then, when stood on end upon a surface plate, the outer surface of the cylinder is at exactly 90° to that surface plate. Is that what you are talking about? If not, then what?

Pete Stanaitis

-------------------

D> Years ago I bought a tool called Circle Square from the inventor here

Reply to
spaco

I will try to get a picture posted of the tool this evening.

Thanks.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Is this it?

circlesquare

spokeshave

it is, quite a handy tool. Hope someone else has seen this and knows if the gent is still around that invented it.

Don

Reply to
Don Lester