Church Booth Plans

One of the greatest things about being a woodworker is the respect and reverence you receive from your family, friends, and neighbors, especially when they need something. You can imagine how proud I felt, when my neighbors asked for my help in constructing a booth for the Church Fair. They said things like "you're very handy", "you're so talented" and "saw envy". Blinded by such flattery, I pumped out my chest and said "Yes, I will build it".

Unfortunately, now I actually have to build it and the clock is ticking...

DAGS and found nothing on booths or stands (church, fair, festival, or carnival related). This is a couple of basic boxes but I was wondering if anyone had been roped in to building one (which I'm sure has happened). What I'm really after are ideas on how to make this thing easy to knock down and set up.

This specific booth is of the "football toss through a hole" variety, so anyone's opinion in an especially similar circumstance, would be quite welcome.

Chuck

Reply to
Woodchuck34

Prefab everything and put the corners together with loose-pin hinges. Do some experimenting to figure out the hole placement. Make the counter where the customers' stand extremely sturdy (3/4" supported with 2X4 braces is not overkill.) For the rest of it, cloth stretched on frames is good.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook