Chuck for powr kraft lathe

You could try

Morris Dovey

Hi all, I was given an old powr kraft wood lathe recently. I have set it up, and seems to be in pretty good shape. I am looking for a chuck, perhaps other accessories, and am not sure where to look, or, what I specifically need to be looking for in one. I'm hoping someone could point me to a site or some other resource. Thanks. Steve

Reply to
oilyhuman

Maybe more than likely the spindle takes a No. 1 Morse taper and is threaded 3/4-16 in which case you need only get some catalogs from Crafts Supplies USA and PackardsWoodworks. This configuration was standard for Craftsman lathes and there are a load of accessories for it.

Now, if it's threaded any different, well...

CRAFT SUPPLIES USA Contact: Darrel Nish Address: 1287 E 1120 S, Provo, UT 84606 Phone: 800-551-8876 Email: snipped-for-privacy@craftusa.com Web Site: craftusa.com

PACKARD WOODWORKS Contact: Brad Packard Address: 646 N Trade St, Tryon, NC 28782 Phone: 828-859 6762 800-683-8876 Fax: 828-859-5551 Email: snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net Web Site: packardwoodworks.com

Unisaw A100

I just sold an old Power Kraft Lathe. It takes a #1 MT in both the head and tail stock. The head stock on the one I had is not threaded. It is round with a flat side to take a set screw from the drive center. Don't remember the diameter, though.

Reply to
Jim Artherholt

supposedly, Sears can get them..

a friend's kid saw my power kraft RAS (he works for sears, fixing appliances) and said that he could get parts for me if I needed any.. claimed that sears bought all the parts inventory from Monkey Wards when they went under...

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

What model is your lathe?

Rob

Reply to
RobW

It's a 05FD20048 the factory number is H53 Thanks for all the information everyone. Steve

Reply to
oilyhuman