Christmas - What do you want as gifts ?

*groan* Yeah, I'm the somewhat umm... proud? owner of a "Tool Shop" drill press and a "Duracraft" plunge router after last year. Definately not what I would have chosen- but she did try, and I've gotten some limited use out of both. So, this year I did what I used to do with my parents- only ask for one thing, very specific, and tell them that if they can't find it, can't afford it or just don't want to give me it, I'll just take a gift card! (this year, it was this bad boy here-
told her that if I get it, I won't be *forced* to go out and get a jointer.)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Geez, I hope you qualified that statement with "Not this year anyway"! TWS

Reply to
TWS

Prometheus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's a really sweet plane. I have the LV LA Smoother - same plane, somewhat shorter.

Rumor has it that a bevel-up version of the #7 is in the works, from LV, and/or LN.

I left a 'tagged' copy of the LV Christmas specialty catalog on the wife's desk yesterday. Now I have to behave. Last year, I screwed up by buying several tools for myself while working on her Christmas presents. My eldest son ratted me out, when they went tool shopping for me. "Dad already bought one of those last week." She was 'agitated'. Yeah, that's the polite word for p#ssed.

There were a couple of Bessey 50" K's under the tree, though. And a nice sized gift cert from the local Rockler.

Patriarch, who is enjoying his new/old 'quiet jointer'...

Reply to
patriarch