Christmas - What do you want as gifts ?

What's a good gift for woodworkers ? Put them up here, then point SWMBO at the list.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

of each, please

Reply to
mp

This router is on my list. Of course we need some bits. Someone can probably help us both with suggestions.

A direct quote from Igor's post:

Bosch 1617EVSPK. Usual $220 Amazon price for unit w/ 2 bases. Amazon is offering some extra bells and whistles with it, "$100 accessory package": centering cone, 5/8-, 7/16-, and 5/16-inch template guides, dust hood (though they do not tell you which one), and fine adjustment extension knob. (watch URL wrap)

you can get $25 off if you stop here first for details:

Dave

If you haven't had a chance to use a Bosch 1590 EVSK, it can be a real eye opener. I love mine. I recently used it _instead_ of the bandsaw to cut things that could have gone either way.

$169.99 at amazon.com.

Reply to
Dave

I'm wishing for a #4 or #6 Veritas Plane (or both if Santy thinks I've been good enough this year).

The problem with SWMBO buying tools is we need to be VERY specific about the tool - saying a #4 Smoothing plane is a recipe for disaster

- how ya gonna replace it with the one you really want?

TWS

Reply to
TWS

you want something with twice the function and twice the cost, try the one from Lie-Nielsen
sliding bevel always seems to receive high praise as well.

Dave

I agree. That is one sweet jigsaw. I couldn't have done my bar top without it. It would have been tricky trying to negotiate the 7 foot by 16 inch by 1 5/8inch thick piece of cherry around a bandsaw. The

1590 didn't even hesitate...

TWS

Reply to
TWS

I want more room so I can start drooling over tools again. I really am getting ridiculously full up.

Reply to
Silvan

I give them URLs. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I find I have to stop short when I describing this saw. It is almost a spiritual experience to use. Try turning the speed down to almost zero and just feel the buttery smooth action. I think if I could only have one saw, this would be it. I doubt anyone will go back to a "cheap" saw after using this one.

Reply to
Dave

I put Lee Valley's early holiday catalog next to the downstairs' porcelain throne and told anyone interested that they couldn't go wrong throwing a dart, if they had to.

Reply to
Swingman

Clamps... Every woodworker needs clamps.

Reply to
Liam

Yup, I bought mine immediately after attending a wood working class and 'experiencing' one. I was 'saved'...

Bosch should give these away to WW schools - they'd sell a million of them.

TWS

Reply to
TWS

right, the link that you get when you press the "Buy Now" button...

TWS

Reply to
TWS

A Shopfox mortising machine is tops on my list. We've even got a local store (Warren Cutlery, yeah, the hand tools manufacturers) that sells them.

Reply to
Keith

Wirled peas!

Reply to
Rob V

need something to bring wood home.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

True, clamps are the big part of my list as well. Never hurts to have an extra around, but it always sucks to need one more than you have.

Reply to
SuperSpaz

Time.

I just need one day without interruption to work in my woodshop and play with all these toys (...I mean tools...) that I have already bought, and I will be one happy man.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

Nothing much just a 5HP Powermatic saw.