Christmas Present Arrived Today...

...and I can't open it until Christmas. :-(

This year, when questioned about what I wanted for Christmas, I fumbled around and realized that I already had every machine in my shop that I needed. What that meant was that I could request something on the extravagant side.

I came to the conclusion that I really liked my little 4x36 bench sander. It is, however, a little small for some of the things that I have been doing lately. Hmmm, why not get it a big brother?

How about a Grizzly (G1140) edge sander?

Oh yeah, a big sander. Just the ticket for a Merry Christmas.

The truck driver very graciously backed his truck as far up the driveway as he could. He could not quite get to the flat part at the top because of some ice, but a lot better than way down at the bottom of the hill. The two of us wrestled the box with its pallet onto the lift gate. He really had a lift gate. Down it came and onto my hand truck. Have you ever tried to move 250 lbs. of machinery up a short, steep incline with a hand truck with a flat tire? Oh well, just another experience in and around the shop.

Well, it is sitting in the garage, waiting for its trip into the shop.

"But, I am not allowed to unpack it until the 25th.", he whined. :-(

Fortunately, the box is in real good shape.

I wonder if Santa will wrap it for me. :-)

____________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Bill Waller

Good choice. I have a sander so I told the kids I wanted Claudia Schiffer carrying an X-Box.

Merry Christmas Tom

P.s. You know I always wanted a really nice hand plane.

Reply to
president

Snip

Its cold out there in the garage. You should bring it in to the house and place it under the tree. :~)

Reply to
Leon

My Porter Cable Dovetail jig has been sitting in the spare bedroom, unwrapped, taunting me for the last two weeks. I figure that, as soon as I get rid of those Christmas guests, I am going to be in the shop learing the nuances and vagaries of that new tool. I can't wait.

Reply to
Olebiker

LOL! Very good point!

Vic Baron

I know the feeling that a 4x36 isn't large enough. I just added a 6x48 a couple weeks ago. Big improvement. the one you just received would be even better! Enjoy your new toy on Christmas, Bill.

Dave

Reply to
David

On 14 Dec 2005 08:09:41 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com quickly quoth:

I was really happy to see her on the Canuckistani $20 bill.

Gee, nice fantasy. If I had my druthers, I'd get a new PC (4GHz+) with a full-wall video system delivered by Ashley Judd, whom I fell totally in love/lust with years ago while watching "Ruby in Paradise". [Diane Lane (the younger) and Sandra Bullock are runners up for the delivery and "service".]

Happy Saturnalia to all!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sure you could afford the legal expenses to keep Ms Judd out of jail? If she were the delivery person, you'd have no idea whether or not she was the only hot merchandise coming into your home. ;-)

Mark & Juanita