Christmas gumball dispenser

One of the most complicated Christmas presents I made was gumball dispensers. The idea came from a Workbench magazine article, but the design was my own. The frame was made from scrap cherry and the sides from book matched 3/16" walnut. The finish was Tung oil. Gum balls were added by swinging a little door aside in the upper part of the front, where they sat in an angled hopper. When a plunger was pressed on the top rear, a gate permitted one to fall below the hopper's floor level, where they rolled out along an inclined ramp.

While complicated, they were surprisingly quick to make in quantity. I made 2 dozen easily in just a few days.

Reply to
Nonny

Photo added to binaries group

Reply to
Nonny

Where do I find this "binaries group" thingy??? Or do you have a link to the picturess?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
blackemmons

It's alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. It's not available through Google because they do not provide access to binary groups.

You'll have to find an ISP that does support binary groups. Typically, most ISP's charge a specific rate for that type of access. Alternatively, you can pay a one time fee of ($2.95 I think) to Teranews to get limited access to binaries.

Reply to
upscale

Or you could wander over to a web site that does archive (at least for a spell) the group. is one that some kind soul has put up and apparently maintains. It even has a gumball dispenser picture or two pretty near the top of the list, too...

Reply to
Andrew Erickson

Thanks guys. That's a lot of brain work for an ol' guy to figure out.

Can some one just post it on a site like sawmillcreek.org? I can get through most of that.

I was going to build some for the grand-kids for Christmas and was looking for ideas, pics and plans.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Reply to
blackemmons