Christmas gloat :)

Well, I just got my long-awaited Christmas present of a Lee Valley Scraper Plane!! I know I didn't get it for $0.25 or anything, but SWMBO kicked butt and even though I "discovered" the purchase (thanks to Rob's order tracking and SWMBO's use of my customer # on the back of my catalog) awhile ago, I was still extremely giddy as I opened up the box.
I thought that I had done good for SWMBO by getting her a gift certificate to an Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, but get this - she said in the future (hint hint) she would like a LEE VALLEY gift certificate hehe. She's a gardener and I think Rob has caught another one :)
Merry Christmas everyone!
Mike
Mine was the shoulder plane, which I may now take out of my request bookmarks. For those in doubt, the thumb hook and finger holes are a sweet design advantage over the competition.
Fenced it against another piece of wood, after honing, and made a quick, accurate 3/8 x 3/8 rabbet, then shaved the shoulder back another eighth for practice. Great!

butt
tracking