Chop Saw Musings, Questions

You know, one of the reasons I read this forum is for this kind of stuff. You have no idea how many times I've avoided i-mode myself because some poster had done the same thing and written in about it.

I have some rebar to cut this weekend, and I considered this very thing. I thought about things like RPM, blade/disc runout, jig-building, etc. The one thing I probably wouldn't have considered is melting the saw. I don't think my warranty would have covered "melting."

My mitre saw and I both thank you for the tip!

Reply to
wood_newbie

It is cutting torch time.

Don't have one?

Time to barter a couple of cases of cold ones and $20-$30 to cover the gas with somebody who does have one.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

sawzall cut about halfway through rebar and it'll snap pretty easily...

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Mon, Jul 10, 2006, 8:33pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (skeezics) spake thusly: ya know LOAT you would be welcome to come by and cut all the pieces you need whenever we could arrange a suitable time for both of us. im near youngsville so it aint too far.

LOAT? Appreciate it, but probably not. Too many things I need to be on around here to spare the time just now. Maybe another time. Thanks anyway.

JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal

Reply to
J T

sorry JOAT. my typing skills suck.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Tue, Jul 11, 2006, 3:09pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (skeezics) doth claimeth: sorry JOAT. my typing skills suck.

That's your story, and I suppose I'm stuck with it. LOL