Chop Saw Musings, Questions

Page 3 of 3

Sun, Jul 9, 2006, 12:05am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@business.org (Prometheus) doth sayeth: I know what you mean, despite my cringing a little at the idea of using that power planer on the lathe a while back. <snip>Well, you could do any of those, or use a miter box and hand saw,<snip> if you're not doing anything more than cutting square ends, there's no real reason to get one, or even to "make" one. Could be an idea you've already considered and passed over, but from what you described, I think I'd get a sheet of MDF <snip>
LMAO The power planer actually worked out great. Does need some kind of a jig to do "accurate" work tho - like keeping it from chewing right thru the wood. LOL You really ought to try it sometime.
Nah, by hand would be way too slow. Yeah, all I need is square cuts, and yes I had been thinking of something along those lines, but the thought had kinda got lost in the shuffle. Now that you've brought it up again, I do think something along those lines would be the way to go. Thanks Lew. And don't forget to try the power planer with your lathe. LOL
JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal
On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 01:37:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

ya know LOAT you would be welcome to come by and cut all the pieces you need whenever we could arrange a suitable time for both of us. im near youngsville so it aint too far.
skeez
Mon, Jul 10, 2006, 8:33pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (skeezics) spake thusly: ya know LOAT you would be welcome to come by and cut all the pieces you need whenever we could arrange a suitable time for both of us. im near youngsville so it aint too far.
LOAT? Appreciate it, but probably not. Too many things I need to be on around here to spare the time just now. Maybe another time. Thanks anyway.
JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:59:56 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

sorry JOAT. my typing skills suck.
skeez
Tue, Jul 11, 2006, 3:09pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (skeezics) doth claimeth: sorry JOAT. my typing skills suck.
That's your story, and I suppose I'm stuck with it. LOL
JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal
On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:10:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

you can get 14" blades also. makita makes a 14" miter saw so blades should be readily available. BUT THEY AINT CHEEP!!!! lol.
skeez