Choosing a table saw.

I have been shopping for a table saw online and seen a lot of good reviews for the Powermatic 64, Jet and Delta models. I do not own a saw and this will be my first. I'd like to spend less than $1,000 if that's reasonable, but get the best saw possible for that amount. Are there review sites other than Epinions? I'd like a saw I can use for years, grow into, and be able to use for home furniture projects. Any recommendations or cautions would be appreciated, as would any references on learning to use the saw properly and well. Thanks.
CV Honolulu HI
Hi, I just bought a Grizz 1023S cabinet saw, having a 220 line installed in the morn, so haven't runned it yet. The saw looks great, went together very easily. Quality looks great. Paid $795 + $78 for shipping. Should check in to that saw. www.grizzly.com
Tony

wrote in message

Note that CV is in Honolulu. Shipping would be a bit more. It is not listed on their web page. Ed

All of these are good saws. You'd be happy with any of the $1000 models as they will have a good fence, good top. I have a Delta, but I've used the Jet and they work equally well. Ed
Might want to check this site: http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/search?cmd=keyword&warehouse=HI2,HI2V,HI2W I've seen some screaming deals on big cabinet saws in you neck of the ocean. Cheers, Jim

: I have been shopping for a table saw online and seen a lot of good : reviews for the Powermatic 64, Jet and Delta models. I do not own : a saw and this will be my first. I'd like to spend less than $1,000 if : that's reasonable, but get the best saw possible for that amount. Are : there review sites other than Epinions? I'd like a saw I can use for : years, grow into, and be able to use for home furniture projects. Any : recommendations or cautions would be appreciated, as would any : references on learning to use the : saw properly and well. Thanks.
You might like to try my web site - Circular Sawbench Safety - Buying a Circular Sawbench.
Jeff G
-- Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK Email address is username@ISP username is amgron ISP is clara.co.uk Website www.amgron.clara.net
Have you checked out the new Grizzly G0444Z