Choice: Tools or Massage

Need some advice on gift-giving.

I told DH that he had his choice between a $200 gift certificate for woodworking tools OR a massage table and a wife who will take a course in massage therapy. He's conflicted. Any opinions?

To support his family and his shop, his formal employment involves daily computer work for hours at a time. His shop is nicely outfitted.

Thanks, Jenny

Reply to
SWMBO

Sun, Jul 27, 2003, 12:33pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SWMBO) claims: Need some advice on gift-giving. I told DH that he had his choice between a $200 gift certificate for woodworking tools OR a massage table and a wife who will take a course in massage therapy. He's conflicted. Any opinions?

If he's in conflict, I suspect the DH stands for Dumb Head. Massage table, for myriads of reasons. If he takes the $200, tell him he can send you this way, as a sacrifice for the Woodworking Gods. I'm their High Priest, and attend to all their administrative work.

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

I hope he picks the correct choice. Usually the first choice offered by the wife is the one she prefers.

Wes

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SWMBO) wrote:

Reply to
clutch

Is a happy ending included?

Reply to
ATP

Compromise with him, how about a massage on a new saw table?

Reply to
Groggy

Split the difference. Take the course, give him $100 for tools and he can make the massage table.

-Chris

Reply to
Chris

Jenny,

As long as you guarantee *not to rub him wrong* . . . . he'd better take the massage offer. It will be something that we here in the wreck consider as "the gift that keeps on giving!" :-)

Either way . . . you're a great wife. I hope he appreciates it.

And BTW - when you complete the course . . . come back here and show us what you've learned! LOL!

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Do all guys think by consensus? He's chosen the massage package with your help.

Hey--along the lines of compromise with the table saw. Would the plunge router be used for acupuncture? Not a pretty picture.

Smile today---maybe even laugh out loud, Jenny

Reply to
SWMBO

Wise choice, guys. SWMBO wrote>Do all guys think by consensus? He's chosen the massage package with

Reply to
Tomeshew

Mon, Jul 28, 2003, 10:08am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SWMBO) claims: Do all guys think by consensus? He's chosen the massage package with your help.

With our help? He needs help.

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Tools are great, but if you have ever had a professional massage and with the idea of getting one on a regular basis, I would have to go with the massage! Id get the new tools later! besides, there is only one thing that comes before tools in this house and a massage is getting close enough to that! Mike

Reply to
Michael Briggs

Kinda conjures up memories of that Seinfeld episode ... LOL when Jerry's girlfriend wouldn't submit to "forcible massage"

Reply to
Lenny

You may or may not be old enough to remember a lyric from an old folk song:

"There is a season, turn, turn, turn................"

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Jenny,

Which did he pick? We need to know on he list.

Wes

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SWMBO) wrote:

Reply to
clutch

Hey clutch . . . she may be "busy" answering your question . . . :-) Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Dang JOAT! You can't have ALL the gravy now.....

Reply to
solarman

I want her on my side in a fight! Gotta love a good woman with stones! I second the anniversary wishes, and he is a lucky man. Can I have my SWMBO get tips from you on how to pull off that $1000 worth of tools per year from relatives?

Digger

Reply to
Digger

Hey Jim,

Saw your post about your romantic history (tact was always my fine point)... Up here we'd call you a Norwegian bachelor farmer who missed his calling. Also thought of a Newhart oneliner, "I am in a committed relationship. I've got the therapy bills to prove it."

I start classes for massage next session. He's too busy cracking out bowls on his Powermatic to play with a new toy anyway.

So long guys. Thanks for the advice.

Shalom Jenny

Reply to
SWMBO