Choice of GLUE for cutting board project

As mentioned in my previous post, I am planning on building a bread cutting board.
Obviously, I need a waterproof glue but I'm not sure which glue gives the best performance in terms of long-term strength, water-resistance, and non-toxicity.
I am leaning towards using epoxy (West Systems) but am also considering other watherproof glue choices like Tightbond III or polyurethane glue.
Any suggestions regarding pros/cons for this application?
Thanks

I've had good results with Titebond III

If you're concerned about suitability for food contact, be sure to read the label or call the manufacturer. I believe my bottle of Titebond II says it's ok for indirect food contact, Titebond III is probably the same way.
When you get to finishes for the cutting board, there's plenty of recent discussion in the archives about what to use.
Puckdropper

blueman wrote:

1. You don't need water proof, water resistant is plenty. You aren't - or at least shouldn't be - doing anymore than wiping it off with a damp rag. Most of the time there is no point in doing even that with bread, just brush off the crumbs.
2. Epoxy is OK but so is TiteBond ll. My bread board was glued with that 16 years ago and is still going strong.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 2/21/2010 7:48 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I completely agree, TB II is plenty, but if you have III go ahead and use it. OTOH, polyurethane failed me completely. I have really gone off the stuff, TB II or TB III is my goto glue these days.
Harvey
I use epoxy. It allows for much more fuss around time and is fully waterproof.
JP
dadiOH wrote:

I used Elmer's Wood Workers glue 35 years ago figuring if it ever came apart I could re-glue the sucker. I made it, (and a bunch of others as gifts) out of firewood, maple, cherry and walnut. Not one ever came apart, and they have been washed in soap and water 1000's of times. I wouldn't put them in the dishwasher, nor soak them for long periods in hot dish water, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wife has done both. My guess is Titebond II is the exact same stuff. Oh, the finish I used is air, regular air from Pittsburgh.
If it were me (and it was) I'd use whatever I normally use to glue wood, and not wring my hands over it. If it ever comes apart (not likely) find a woodworker you know to re-glue it.
--
Jack
64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
On 02/22/2010 10:16 AM, Jack Stein wrote:

Yowsa! That shit's caustic, isn't it?
--
"Once upon a time, The END."
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

Used to be, now it's mostly hot air from government workers....
Feels good but is even more caustic than the mills!
--
Jack
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong

I use yellow Elmer's carpenter's glue for cutting boards. None have fallen apart, but I don't soak them in water either. Not sure what other ingredients are added for outdoor glues, so that makes me leery.