chisels?

G'day,
I have a set of Two Cherries chisels that have been heaps better than the old Stanley we have at work.
I juts got a catalogue that has Stubai chisels for sale at what seem like decent prices.
Anyone able to tell me how the Stubai chisels would compare to my Two Cherries chisels as afar as holding an edge goes?
Thanks, Grant.
Stubai are Austrian and make some great tools. I have a forstner bit or two, plus a countersink bit or three made by them. I put them at the top of the forstner bit tree. As for chisels, I can't say specifically as I've not tried them, however, based on their other products, my guess would be they are good quality.
Greg

Grant: I have the Two Cherries set and find they hold their edge very well. The Stubai are excellent, but even if they are harder the difference will be slight. Unless you give your chisels a great deal of use and sharpen frequently, the investment in Stubai may not be worth the price.
Bob

Cool. Thanks for the advice.
Grant.

the
like
Grant:
Hi. I have both Two Cherries and Stubai chisels and love them ! They are of the best quality ! - That said: One MUST tend to them FAITHFULLY ! That is to say; sharpen them well and, depending upon use(s), fairly often. But if you do a GOOD job of the sharpening and don't abuse them, you will be in for a pleasant surprise - and so will your grandchild when you present these tools to them ! You can't say that about many things (at all) today ! A friend of mine near here not only sells them both, he USES them as well ! He teaches fine woodworking as art at some local venues as well.
(I have NO business connection with him other than being a quite satisfied repeat customer and desiring to see him prosper.)
Orders: 800.326.5316 Fax: 314.966.4629
He has an ad in Fine Woodworking Magazine
Warmly, Griz
"G'day, " "I have a set of Two Cherries chisels that have been heaps better than the "old Stanley we have at work. " "I juts got a catalogue that has Stubai chisels for sale at what seem like "decent prices. " "Anyone able to tell me how the Stubai chisels would compare to my Two "Cherries chisels as afar as holding an edge goes? " "Thanks, "Grant. "
: A friend of mine near here not only sells them both, he USES : them as well ! He teaches fine woodworking as art at some local : venues as well.
: (I have NO business connection with him other than being a quite : satisfied repeat customer and desiring to see him prosper.)
: Orders: 800.326.5316 : Fax: 314.966.4629
I second the recommendation to Diefenbacher, and also refer you to his website:
http://www.diefenbacher.com
    -- Andy Barss