Chisel size for dovetails?

Could anyone suggest what size chisels I would need for making dovetail joints in wood 18mm thick? Should I go for something close to the size of the cuts, or a much smaller size? Or doesn't it matter, as long as it fits inside the tails?
Thanks a lot Garry

Doesn't. matter as long as it fits. Corollary - smaller will work while larger won't. Bevel edge will certainly help with paring clearance, so save your mortising chisel for that purpose.

A variety of sizes. Start with a 20mm, 10mm and 5mm set. You'll also need a skew chisel or sharp pen knife if you are cutting half-blinds. Keep your chisels sharp!
Thanks for the advice.
Garry