Chisel question

Last weekend I bought a can opener, paint scraper, paint stirrer that used to be a large longish paring chisel, I think. The blade is marked with MURCOTT& CAMPBELL and is 1 5/16" by 7 7/8" tapering to 7/8" for the 1 3/16" closest to the handle. The tang is rather narrow, about 3/8" where it goes into a threadded looking colar, square peg into round hole type of fit, with another 7/8" long thinner collar around that. I couldn't find any reference to the maker and thought I'd ask before trying to revive it. TIA Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman