Chipboard with Moths?

Hi all, I've been searching around the web to no avail so I thought perhaps someone in here could help. A few years ago I saw a documentary on TV that included a piece about a chipboard factory. I think it was somewhere in Canada but I may be wrong about that as my memory of the details is hazy. Anyway, this mill out in the country was taking trees and turning them into wood chips. These were mixed with an adhesive and rolled using heat to make chipboard. Now, at a certain time of year the place was inundated with moths, millions of them. May have been butterflies come to think of it. These moths or butterflies would land on the boards going through the rollers and become compressed into the surface. Hundreds of the insects "fossilised" in the chipboard, there to remain for ever. I'm thinking this stuff would look pretty good varnished and used as shelves or flooring. Has anyone heard of this before? The maufacturers name? Perhaps a picture? Any information would be a great help as I'm drawing a complete blank at the moment.
Cheers!
Les
--
Remove Frontal Lobes to Reply

http://www.stuffmongers.com /
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:55:22 +0100, "Les &/or Claire"

I've seen the odd bug on plywood. They look mushed, rather than artistically arranged.

It's almost the right time of year - go out to a park and find a red-leafed maple, one of the decorative Japanese ones, and collect a bag of leaves. Take them home and dry them carefully between large sheets of blotting paper, a couple opf plywood boards and a few pounds of stacked books. Then look up the Victorian art of decoupage, sinking such things as leaves or printed paper cutouts into a layer of varnish. Blonde shellac is just the job.
--
Smert' spamionam