Chinese Router

I don't think any of my tools are made in the US, with the exception of the Shopsmith... almost all US tool companies have their stuff made in China or somewhere off shore...

My guess is on the higher quality brands, the precision is better on the off shore stuff because the tooling is a LOT newer...

My guess is that there is a world of difference (pun intended) in tools made in China and tools made China for a US tool company that supplies the specs and does some quality control..... Mac

mac davis

And if you're willing to do some tune up, the 'seconds' from the Brand line do quite well. I've got a Makita router knock off that uses the same parts list and instructions. Yeah, I had to clean it up, smooth it up and lube it properly, but it cost me less than 20% of the Branded tool. And the results are just fine.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You thought that would be a trick question, huh? Being a professional he would never paint his own house, even though it is the worst looking one on his block!

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

He probably has aluminum siding.. *g* Mac

mac davis