Chinese-made dead-blow hammer stinks.

Page 2 of 2

says...

They have your money. Who's stupid now? ;-)

Read again. They do not have MY money, and they won't get it. I was stung three or four times and I learned my lesson. I simply refuse to buy *anything* made in China, even branded stuff. We have a Bosch washing machine - found out it was not made in Germany after it was delivered - and that was the last time I will buy Bosch whiteware. Again, the QC simply wasn't up to standard. The plastic parts are brittle, the paint job is sub-standard... I'll rather pay 4 times the price next time and buy something made in a first world country.
-P.
says...

I agree. My point, indelicately put for which I apologise, was that you have to buy the crap, to find out it is crap. Cheap Chinese outgassing rubber crap is shrink wrapped so you don't get the smell till you get it home. Bosch crap has a German label but Chinese fingerprints all over it.
Pete, You just may be going 'nakid'.
I feel the same way you do, which is way a piece on the evening NATIONAL news caught my attention. Obviously, MANY other Americans feel the same way.
About a week ago one of the 'stories' was about a woman that was going to do what you propose. If I remember correctly, she was going to do it for a month. The 'boycott' lasted about a week !! It wasn't even a case of cost, it was simply a case of 'hidden labeling'. As in, 'Assembled in the US', 'Made for . .' or 'Packaged for . . .' insert any number of familiar names. Or finding that the major or critical components are from China.
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop
says...

SNIP> I was stung three or four times and I learned my lesson.

SNIP
first
Dave Gordon wrote:

That's the way I look at it.
Nowadays, the only way I will even consider cheap items is if I can fully handle them first.