Chineese crap

Page 2 of 2

Most auto manufacturers do not recommend resurfacing rotors any more. And for most models, the cost today os so low that it doesn't pay anyway. Rotors for many models are only $20 or so, I've purchased some for my Jeep that (198,000 miles on it) as low as $15 each. I remember when a mid-sized brake rotors were in the $60 to $90 range.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Seek out builders of quality goods, and spend the little (or even not so li ttle) to get that quality. Starve out the rats and they'll go away. It is consumers who are, ultimately, more price-conscious than value conscious t hat allow this garbage to remain economically viable for its producers.
I'm not saying that you had lots of options with the brakes, but when you d o have options, consider them carefully, and look to the long-term.
Just my two cents' worth.
"Jeff Mazur" wrote:
Seek out builders of quality goods, and spend the little (or even not so little) to get that quality. Starve out the rats and they'll go away. It is consumers who are, ultimately, more price-conscious than value conscious that allow this garbage to remain economically viable for its producers.
I'm not saying that you had lots of options with the brakes, but when you do have options, consider them carefully, and look to the long-term.
Just my two cents' worth. ------------------------------------------------------ As a representative of suppliers of premium goods and services, I always had competitors who had a lower price on their side.
Somehow, managed to make a living.
The old adage still applies:
Only the seller knows the true value of the goods or services in any transaction.
Lew
On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 18:59:43 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

John Ruskin had it right in is "common law of business balance" :
There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money – that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot – it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.

On Saturday, 7 December 2013 19:50:42 UTC, woodchucker wrote:

FWIW about 18 months ago I replaced the rotors and pads on my car with Bosch items. And very good they have been, too. They cost 80 quid all in (with a can of brake cleaner), so that's about USD120 ish. Brakes and tyres I will not skimp on.

And with Rotor and pads thats about what I spent. And again last night.
There are no made in usa rotors avail. I am not even sure if Toyota is made in Japan anymore, look at most of the Japanese electronics, it's made in China..I wouldn't doubt that the rotors are coming from China for the Toy. I had to get them and Toyota was not open so I'm not certain.
--
Jeff

The old Thyssen Krupp (now Waupaca) still makes brake rotors - for OEM at any rate - not sure how many make it to replacement market. There are still some made in Canada too - and a fair number of Brazillian and Mexican producers and European producers also sell in the North American market. They are more expensive than the 3C stuff, but usually significantly higher quality and quality control.