Child Safety Belts for w/w projects

I'd like to build a wagon for my 15mo. twins and need to install some form of safety belts for them (my wife will be pulling most of the time ;o).

I'm wondering if anyone here has had the need for a similar device for any woodworking projects. The type I'm thinking of has a nylon belt with a plastic buckle-similar to what you'd find on most restaurant high chairs (and pretty much most kid-safe toys).

Thanks for the advice! Jimmy

Reply to
McKelvey

Fabric/Craft stores such as Jo-Ann's should carry the webbing straps and fasteners needed.

Nova

Try this:

Jerry Gilreath

Tue, Mar 2, 2004, 1:25am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com (McKelvey) says: I'd like to build a wagon for my 15mo. twins and need to install some form of safety belts

I'd just make a stake-bed wagon.

JOAT To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.

- Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like.

J T

I've read where in severe wagon crashes the occupants shouldn't be strapped to the wagon unless there is a form of roll over protection.

Reply to
Mark

Yeah - I'm with you. Can't imagine my twins (now just over 2) settling for a "belt-in" for more than 4 minutes... We used a high-sided stake-bed wagon and padded everything with an old quilt.

Reply to
mttt

And here I was thinking along the lines of a stake or two in the middle of the wagon bed. Impale the kids on the stakes. Solves a raft of problems.

I _like_ children. ..... especially fricasseed.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

DAFS (Do A Froogle Search

on "Luggage Straps" For example, I found:

- $4.75.

(I've never bought from them, just an example).

Bag n' Baggage at the mall might have them as well. Get one with a combo lock to keep the suckers down tight ;)

Jay

Reply to
Jay

No question:

Reply to
Eric Ryder

Solves a couple - creates a few more... :) "Velcro" is probably a safer start, you can always work your way up to impaling.

Reply to
mttt