Child's Table and Chairs

I'm looking for plans for a child's table and chairs. I did the google search but most of the links are bad. I want it to be nice and heavy so no chairs tipping or anything. I could just scale down a square table and chairs. Maybe oak. But if anyone has any plans that would be great.

Thanks

Reply to
James

Check your library or bookstore for "Children's Furniture Projects" by Jeff Miller (no relation to myself). Some plans, interesting designs, and a lot of useful information about sizing the furniture to the child.

Doug Miller

Pay or free it doesn't matter.

Kids under 5

It wasn't that I didn't like the links but that the reference links are dead. So I can't say what they were.

With tipping, a chair with a higher back and tight base will tip before a short back and heavy wide base. The chair can still tip but not very easily. Kids will find a way no matter what type of chair. The question is a design that is the safest.

Reply to
James

Reply to
Reaper

Build the seat as a torsion box. Fill the interior with lead. Don't put any legs on it. Stays put. No tipping.

Reply to
Silvan

I also added drawers at SWMBO;s request. Which was very difficult for me, since it was my first year at woodworking. Darrell

Reply to
Reaper