Child's step stool

Has anyone seen plans for a child's step stool like this one? The back folds down.

Ray

Nope but looks pretty simple to build. Go buy some pine now.

> Thanks

Reply to
LostInSpace

> Thanks

Ray, Cute stool. You don't need plans.

Print out the photo. You probably want the stool to be about 12" wide. Remember, there are no critical dimensions on this type of thing. OK the photo measures say 2" across. So that means the top board is 2 x 6 = 12". Measure the rest of the stool and multiply by 6 to get a very close dimension.

Another example. On the my computer screen it measure about 4 1/2" across so multiply x 3 and get 13 1/2". Or by 2.75 and get 12 3/8. Trust me, the kid won't care what dimension you use. Make the top from a 1 x 6. Make to two ends from a 1 x 10. Make the top backrest from the 1 x 8 but ripped down to about 4". Side support are about 2". You can use the cut off from the 1 x 8. Screw them in place with a washer between and you can measure the length of the backrest needed.

I've made plenty of things doing the system above. Works well; never had a complaint from the person getting it..

Imagination . . . it's a wonderful thing. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

TexasFireGuy

It gets even easier. They give you the overall dimensions. 13" x 7" x 12".

Woodpecker

I came across these plans today and thought I'd share them. Looks like a very nice and sturdy finished product. I'm going to give it a go this weekend except that I plan to use a single piece for the top and also single pieces for each of the two legs to simplify it.

> Thanks

Reply to
steve