Child Jake chair

Over the past four years, I have built over thirty sets of Jake chairs and footstools. Each year, my wife says I should start to make Jake chairs for kids. I know she is right but am not that good at minimizing the plans and templates I already use. Has anyone ever taken the plans for Jake chairs and miniaturized them? I'm much more interested now as our first grandchild was born a month ago. Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
rile

rile wrote:

There are people here that are much more familiar with Sketchup than I am, and they'll give you more help. (Available as a free download from

If you haven't used it, I've found that there is a rather steep learning curve. However, once that's been partially mastered, the "Scale" tool should be able to reduce the plans to any scale you choose.

You apply Scale to any and every component of the drawing (arm, leg, back slat, etc) until the entire drawing is done in a smaller scale to your liking.

I haven't looked, but I'm sure a standard Jake or Adarondack plan is available from the Google Warehouse (also free) which you can scale down to kid's size.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus