Child car bed ideas ?

My son, soon to be 2 years old, needs a bed. I looked at Toys R us and similar companies for ideas. Unfortunately, the room is not big and Little tikes, although having interesting features doesn't fit in the room.
Anyway, Do you have ideas I can build that looks "cool" ? At one point, I wanted to add tires, pneumatic-lift suspension, head lights, etc... and wifey said no...
Maybe a truck like bed, or a fireman truck, he is into cars and trucks a lot...

Well - here's one site...
http://www.woodcraftplans.com/u655.htm
A google search will turn up a ton more. Have fun.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Junkyard Engineer wrote:

Go to a junk yard, buy a bed from an S10 or Ranger (or if you need even smaller one of the little imports), sit it in the room and put mattress in bed.
When my daughter turned 2, we went to Toys R Us and bought a toddler bed that used the exsisting crib mattress. When she out grew that a year and a half later, I built her a treehouse bed. Got the bed off the floor so she had more play room and she loved it up until last year when she kept hitting her head on the ceiling. Built it in a week using 2x wood , plywood, and 1x's
Allen