Chick Songs That I Like Singing

Was listening to Joni tonight and singing along to Carey, and it made me think about the chick songs that I like singing to.

Sticking with her for a few, I'd say that, Help Me, is one and that ,Both Sides Now, is another.

Martha and the Vandals (please do not correct this to Vandellas, you clearly do not understand) provides me with, Jimmy Mack, Heat Wave, My Boyfirend's Back, Sweet Darlin'.

Aretha kicks in with, You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman, (don't be embarrassed - I know you sang to it), Chain Of Fools, Respect (yep, that one too, I heard you.)

That funny looking beautiful woman who sang, Girls Just Want To Have Fun. I wish she was still around.

And that little girl who sang about, All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun.

Well, that's it for my feminine side tonight.

I'm going to listen to a little Led Zep to clear my palate.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Phoebe Snow's debut album jumps to mind, Linda Rondstadt's 'Best of' CD and Carly Simons, too, for that matter.

Reply to
NuWaveDave

Tom Watson wrote: > Was listening to Joni tonight and singing along to Carey, and it made > me think about the chick songs that I like singing to.

After the Kingston Trio, it is all down hill.

Gard is gone, Shane had a heart attack in 04 and is now retired, and Reynolds also appears to have some serious medical problems.

All that said, the Kingston Trio continues.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Damn near impossible to listen to Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby Mcgee" (and a couple others) without joining in.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Scotch and soda, mud in your eye. Baby, do I feel high, oh, me, oh, my. Do I feel high. Dry martini, jigger of gin. Oh, what a spell you've got me in, oh, my. Do I feel high. People won't believe me. They'll think that I'm just braggin'. But I could feel the way I do and still be on the wagon.

All I need is one of your smiles. Sunshine of your eyes, oh, me, oh, my. Do I feel high.

People won't believe me. They'll think that I'm just braggin'. But I could feel the way I do and still be on the wagon.

All I need is one of your smiles. Sunshine of your eyes, oh, me, oh, my. Do I feel higher than a kite can fly. Give me lovin', baby. I feel high.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Feb 13, 11:24 pm, Tom Watson wrote: [snip]

Ohhh she still is. Immortalized on the Wall/Concert in Berlin doing a bang-up job for Roger Waters.

Time After Time.... True Colours... she's a hottie alright.

No chick sings like Gwen Stefani, although I was amazed by Christine Aguilera's ability at the Grammies. Gwen with Reel Big Fish doing Come On Eileen..... try that on for size.

But Joni's version of Twisted is hard to beat.

...now I think about it.. there are a lot of really good chick-singers I like to bellow along with.... did I mention Joss Stone?

Reply to
Robatoy

"Tom Watson" wrote

Was this brought on by the dixie Chicks sweeping the Grammies?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Cindy Lauper.

NuWave Dave in Houston

Reply to
NuWaveDave

Shane's solo performance, the only one by a trio member.

Supposedly Sinatra was asked about covering S&S and indicated Shane had set the mark for that song by which all others would be measured. He declined.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Ay caramba! After reading all the replies, I had to put Thorogood's "Bad To The Bone" on, have a Snickers, and tear out some chest hair.

Tom Flyer

Reply to
JKevorkian

palate I switch to Lynyrd Skynyrd or Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Reply to
DLB

Lew Hodgett wrote: | Tom Watson wrote: | > Was listening to Joni tonight and singing along to Carey, and it | made > me think about the chick songs that I like singing to. | | | After the Kingston Trio, it is all down hill. | | Gard is gone, Shane had a heart attack in 04 and is now retired, and | Reynolds also appears to have some serious medical problems. | | All that said, the Kingston Trio continues.

Here's to the maid who steals a kiss And stays to steal another...

If you don't look around You won't see me a-goin' - See me a-goin' that way...

(songs I sometimes find myself singing in the shop)

Morris Dovey

Tom Watson wrote: | Was listening to Joni tonight and singing along to Carey, and it | made me think about the chick songs that I like singing to.

Look what they've done to my song, Ma...

Morris Dovey

"Here's To Life" by the late, incomparable Shirley Horn. "Middle Age Blues" by Saphire, the Uppity Blues Women Anything at all--anything--by Ella Fitzgerald "God Bless the Child" by Billie Holiday

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Someday by Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde Candy by Natalie Merchant of Ten Thousand Maniacs I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt Both Sides Now by Judy Collins Send in the Clowns by Judy Collins Brass in Pocket by Chrisie Hynde of the Pretenders Landslide by Fleetwood Mac Feelin' the Same Way by Nora Jones Chuck E.'s in Love by Rickie Lee Jones Leaving Las Vegas by Sheryl Crowe It Hurt So Bad by Susan Tedeski Fast Car by Tracy Chapman

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Except for Bud and Travis. Bud's gone, but Travis Edmonson lives in the Phoenix area (his number's in the book!) and remains friends with Shane.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

What a hoot. Now that was not a political ploy by the entertainment industry was it. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Maybe not intentionally. But the music industry has always leaned heavily to the left. Problem is, that this time their pot-shots at the right, are right on target. It will take a long time before the conservatives are going to get our good name back.

It's a shame.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Feb 14, 8:45 am, "Never Enough Money"

OK, now I like that list. And a lot more titles from those ladies, too.

So check out

What Are You Doing For The Rest Of Your Life? by Dusty Springfield. Yup she's still with us, and that is her voice from a live club date that you hear on one of the diamond commercials on TV.

And just about anything by Diane Schuur, but especially "Teach Me Tonight"

As a matter of fact, I hope to be listening to them and others tonight with SO.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41