Chestnut tree article in Nat Geographic

An article about the effort to breed/create a blight resistant American Chestnut tree.
http://tinyurl.com/ctsge
--
Phil Davis
247PalmBeachRE.com

In the hills south of me, mature American chestnut trees are reasonably common. I would assume they are naturally blight resistant. I wrote someone doing research like your article describes, but got no answer. I guess that would disrupt their research.
Toller wrote:

Go to your local college/university and suggest how they can beat the big guys at their own game :-). If that doesn't get them going, start collecting and planting the nuts - you could be the chestnut king!
--
It's turtles, all the way down