Cherry wood

I know this has been asked before but I cannot find a satisfactory answer. We are building kitchen cabinets and will make them out of maple. I love the color of cherry however and would like to dye the maple to cherry. It's not a cost issue; it's because I don't like how dark cherry gets over years. Does anyone have any specific aniline dye suggestions on how to get hard maple to look like new cherry? Thanks in advance.

Soft maple would have been a better bet. Hard maple is difficult to convince that it should change color. Dye and glaze - pigmented finish - would be the best. Start with a commercial product and modify from there.
Build the cabinets out of alder, then stain to look like cherry. Very common to buy pre-made "cherry-stained alder" cabinets and other fine furniture.

If you go the site below they can answer that question. JG http://www.homesteadfinishing.com /
work wrote:

work wrote:

Just have a look at the Lee Valley aniline dies. That should give you an idea of what's available... http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&cat=1,190&p=42996