Cherry Toy Chests

I finished my toy boxes for my two boys! It's a good thing I only have two kids! Ughh.
See below for link:
Comments welcome.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/CherryToyBoxes.htm
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

You do nice work! I think the kids will enjoy that for a long time.
Chris
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks Chris! I anticipate a few hundred scrathces, dings, nicks etc. in the next few months. They look good now, but... :^|
Add pictures here
✖

Those are the purtiest toy boxes I have ever seen. I trust that they will soon have a nice patina on them due to their heavy use. Cute kids too.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 24, 10:53 pm, "Lee Michaels"

Thank you sir. Now if they could only clean their rooms and put the toys in the box, hmmm...
Add pictures here
✖

Well done, sir! I particularly like the legs. You also seem to have done an excellent job keeping the lids flat throughout the process by the look of them. And a safety hinge to boot, eh?
BTW, the voice of experience here ... they won't keep their rooms clean or put toys back in the box until sometime after college. Gives you something to look forward to ... :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Swing,
Thanks! I like a good beefy leg. Well, on furniture that is...
The lid support I bought from Rockler, they are a little on the pricey side IMHO. They are a pain to install I think, even when you follow the directions. I found that it is easier to attach the lower end and temporarily attach the other end to the lid with carpet tape (release the tension in the hardware first). This ensures that it will close properly before you make a bunch of holes.
Glad to see you are still on the wREC!
Add pictures here
✖
Very nice, maybe too nice. A wise and good friend of mine once told me that you give up your right to expect to own nice things when you have children. I found that to be basically true. Good luck with those heirlooms.

Add pictures here
✖

Thank you
Add pictures here