Cherry Toilet Seat

In my bathroom the furniture, door, door trim, and medicine cabinet are all solid cherry with a traditional cherry stain. I would like a matching solid cherry (no MDF) toilet seat, but I've been unsuccessful in finding one.

Most all of the stock seats are cheap; there are some hardwood seats but not in a matching wood and color. I expect I will need to have a custom-made seat.

Can anyone provide a lead on where I either find such a seat, or commission the fabrication of a such seat? The project is located in New York City.

Reply to
Lawrence Hughes

Tried to email you at the address above, and it bounced: Failed to deliver to '' LOCAL module(account snipped-for-privacy@1stconnect.com) reports: mail receiving disabled

Please contact me at woodworks at milmac dot com, or provide a working email address so I can contact you. Thanks.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Oh, put a lid on it already.

Reply to
lwasserm

That's kind of a cheeky retort.

Reply to
Vic Baron

Maybe the seat could be found at a commode-ity dealer?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reply to
Lawrence Hughes

Who says wooddorkers don't have a sense of humor!

Reply to
Vic Baron

Yeah, really! I think I even saw Nahmie make a joke once. :)

Reply to
Stoutman

If you're having it custom-made, don't forget to make a casting of your ass.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

I have had a look round and you may want to try the following links:

?deptid=185
first 2 sell a variety of seats, some look cherry, but whether tha same you would have to look. The last is a directory for companies that sell them.

Stu

Stu

How about that outfit that carries stuff for renovating Victorian houses?

Reply to
professorpaul