cherry table and uv polyeurathane

Hello ya'll,

I just completed an American Cherry table to match, or get close to my older cherry chairs and side tables. I finished it with the fast drying minwax polyeurathane clear satin. My living room get zero sunlight, as it faces north. I would like it as dark as possible, and I fear the finish may have some UV blocking, though it doesn't advertise as such.

Will it darken much in my lifetime, or should I take it out into the sun and read a book while I rotate it like a rotisserie for a few afternoons?

Thanks... Tor

Reply to
galleywench

Well, I guess I had better get it out in the sunlight, I forgot the leaves will be getting zero light. Shoot. I messed this one up. Should have had it out in the light before I finished it. Now its up on the roof of the apartment building for who knows how many days... Seattle.... a week maybe? ... for it to get mostly dark... two weeks? of only the sunny days. (please no jokes, its been very sunny lately)

tor

Reply to
galleywench

Fret not. UV is a part of the equation but time and Oxygen filter in too.

I have noticed a significant difference in my cofee table in about a year and it get's little or no direct sun.

-Steve

Reply to
C&S