Cherry Cradle - Pics on Website...

For anyone interested, I have posted pictures of the cherry cradle I recently completed for our first child, due in June. The design is from Jeff Miller's Taunton book Children's Furniture. It is built from some beautiful cherry that I stumbled upon while on a visit through Ohio's Amish Country (Holmes County).
This project had some welcomed challenges, and working on it was definately an enjoyment, especially knowing who was to be the intended recipient.
Click on link below and go to the Project Gallery. (New website since wood-workers went down).
Thanks for looking.
--
Brian
www.lavoiewoodworks.com
"Brian D. LaVoie" <lavoiewoodworks at hotmail dot com> wrote in message

Very nice Brian and the Walnut piece was easy on the eyes also.
That is one of the nicest cradles I have seen. Mind if I ask what all power tools were required to build this? Thanks - appreciate it, and the nice pics!!
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 00:30:02 -0500, "Brian D. LaVoie" <lavoiewoodworks at hotmail dot com> wrote:

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!
Thanks Xlat... As far as what power tools were required to build this, while it can surely be done with out any, I would have to say that every stationary power tool I have in my shop came into play.
Namely jointer, planer, tablesaw, bandsaw, drill press, router table, drum sander... Click on Shop Photos at the site below for pics.
Again, it could definately be completed with less. i.e. if you purchased the wood already jointed/planed (S4S) you could manage it with a table saw, jigsaw, router, and drill.
--
Brian
www.lavoiewoodworks.com
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:05:33 -0500, "Brian D. LaVoie" <lavoiewoodworks at hotmail dot com> wrote:

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!
Brian, You did a great job on a fine piece of furniture; be justifiably proud. However, you set an extremely bad example by finishing a project four months before it was needed >G>.
--
Alan Bierbaum

Web Site: http://www.calanb.com
<lavoiewoodworks at hotmail dot com> says...

Very nice. Congrats on the future new addition; looks like you are well ahead of the game in getting prepared.
Like the way your site is laid out.