Cherry Bookcase

Finished my cherry bookcase. 1.5 months of work (took longer than anticipated).

Comments critiques welcomed.

Photos:

(Part 6 of build):

GarageWoodworks

be even more spectacular.

Well done!

Reply to
Swingman

GarageWoodworks wrote the following:

If I can say it, it looks pretty, :-)

Reply to
willshak

adjustment would be less noticeable if they were in the sides of the rear supports rather than the front. On the other hand, you could use those purdy little brass cups and use it as an accent feature. Once the unit is full of stuff, it will probably not even be noticed ... it only stands out when empty.

Oh ... BTW ... NICE JOB !!!

Reply to
"<<<

Thanks Karl!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

months of work (took longer than

Thank you!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

My wife actually came up with the same 'criticism' after I made the holes . I might implement that suggestion next time. Thanks for looking!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Two things though that I consider to be over kill and one item that I would have changed.

  1. No need to glue and screw the bottom shelf in, one or the other is enough.
  2. The molding around the bottom shelf draws your eye away from the rest of the unit and kinda sorta looks unfinished with the abrupt stop at the front, too busy for an other wise elegantly simple shelf unit.
  3. I would have placed the back shelf adjustment holes parallel with the back/front so that they would be less noticeable.

Other than that the unit looks well balanced in stock sizing and the wood looks great, better yet in a couple of years.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 11:57:00 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks

build like that. Nice clean lines, destined to be an heirloom.

Reply to
Dave

GarageWoodworks wrote in news:8376e1ff-cdd4- snipped-for-privacy@u28g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Han

NICE!!

Reply to
Robatoy

trouble with the google.)

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

------------------------------- Neat

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

----------------------------- Refrigerator white maybe?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

is always the best.

Reply to
Father Haskell

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4e06ac57$0$32198 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

How about painting it to look like wood?

I know it sounds stupid, but people have done it!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Reply to
Rich

Thanks Leon. I agree with you with the back shelf adjustment holes. My wife suggested that AFTER I made the holes. :)

Reply to
GarageWoodworks