Cherry at Rockler in Houston

It went on sale for $2.99 per BF this morning, I estimate thay had a stack 9' x 32" x 48" or about 1000 BF
I bought about 5 boards, 21 BF. Most all of it looked pretty good for S2S and appears to be ripped straight one edge. Average width, 6" and a steal for $2.99 per BF.
If you need some, hurry!
I'll say. We live in SE Kansas near the SW Missouri sawmills. We pay that, or less for red and sometimes white oak. But Cherry is nearly twice what you paid.
RonB

Hi Ron - I live in Wichita - the 3 places I got lumber locally have gone out of business. I refuse to buy at the box stores. Where do you get your wood? Thx,
me wrote: ...

I'm in Liberal; never found anywhere in Wichita directly. I use Holtzen Millworks; they'll order stuff in for you in reasonable quantities at no charge other than the material. Other than that, for small orders, just place the order w/ Star and pick it up at Timber Products.
I bought some S2S cherry in Boston (actually Canton, about 20 miles south of Boston) last week for $5.25BF.

And that would also have been a good price here in Houston. IIRC normal cherry pricing in Houston is north of $7-8 per BF.
Leon wrote:

How about FAS/$10.35 last time I looked, at Clarks. That was an excellent deal you got at Rockler.
Wallet still suffering from "tuition blues" ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

$ 5.00 CAN all day long from Commonwealth Plywood . Nothing under 6" wide or shorter than 8'. FAS. Delivered. Usually pretty nice cherry. Their cherry veneer over PB is always nice-looking stuff, nice pattern. They have an outlet in Detroit as well. AFAIK.
$ 5.00 CAN all day long from Commonwealth Plywood . Nothing under 6" wide or shorter than 8'. FAS. Delivered. Usually pretty nice cherry. Their cherry veneer over PB is always nice-looking stuff, nice pattern. They have an outlet in Detroit as well. AFAIK.
As it turns out these lengths that I ended up with were shorter than some. I learned that one piece was 10' when it did not fit in my wood store room on the wood racks. The 4, 9' pieces fit just fine.

Which Commonwealth Plywood location do you order from? Do you order by phone, online or go in to the warehouse? Can you pick out your pieces or do you not see it until you get it?