Chemical Glue removal

I have a table with a Wilsonart top surface that I built for gluing. Even though I try to keep it clean it has accumulated several years of (mostly) Titebond residue. I have some free time now and would like to remove as much of the residue as possible. This isn't a beauty project, rather I just want to get back to a smooth surface for some upcoming work.

Since this is a large (5 ft x 7 ft) surface it is not possible to submerge it is a solvent. Is there any technique and/or solvent that will at least soften the dried Titebond other than vinegar or more concentrated acetic acid that I can use?

Reply to
boden

Try saturating the glue with vinegar and or using a cabinet scraper to remove. I get glue on my TS extension all the time and use a cabinet scraper to remove it. Assuming the Titebond glue is PVA, vinegar will soften it.

Reply to
Leon

Plain ol' H20 (water) will do the trick for either Titebond Original or the Titebond-II formula. Warm water will soften it a little quicker, just make a dam out of wet paper towels around the edge of the table and flood the area with water, wait about an hour or two and it will clean right off.

Woody

boden wrote:

Reply to
Tha Anonymous