Checked my inbox...

Page 1 of 4
And nobody has yet asked me for the e-mail address of my wonderful neighbors -- the ones whose baby died, last year.
I'm curious. Why not??
Why won't you send him your *absolute best* dead baby jokes, directly??
Robatoy? Doug? Mike Marlow??
Why the sudden hesitation??
Jack?? I don't see where YOU'VE asked for my brother's e-mail address ... to forward HIM your best Holocaust and cancer jokes.
I ... I ... I'm afraid I don't understand....
I'll keep checking my inbox.
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:08:54 -0800 (PST), Neil Brooks
Truly troll sign

This post does say a lot about you though.
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:08:31 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"

Then you don't understand it.
No surprise, though. You guys have honed this group into an incredibly narrow demographic.
Shame.

Oh, I understand it very well, thank you. You proved my point by your reply.
Neil Brooks wrote:

Apparently not quite narrow enough, one too many has leaked through.

Yes it is really.

Rob Leatham

Perhaps if you let us in on your secret. WTF are you yammering about.

Show some initiative. Do two minutes of inquiry on your own :-)

I just did, apparently the question is too deep for you.

Then you didn't find it.
Apparently, inquiry is beyond YOU ;-)

Trying to find anything coherent from you in the last 300 posts is like trying to find a needle in the proverbial haystack.
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:01:32 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

I can't tell Spruce from Pine from Fir, either.
That doesn't mean there isn't an actual difference.
You're funny, Buddy!
WHOOPS!!

Yea... now that you're clearly boxed into a corner you try to play nice? Fuck you, neil.
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:11:38 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

"Boxed into a corner?"
ROTFLMFAO!!!!

I'm not "playing nice" with you! You're just playing with yourself!!

Please wear a condom. Think of the children!

et>
Yup... boxed into a corner. You're bleeding, and you remind of the knight who said "Ni!"

tnet>
Wrong knight.
You *really* ought to do your homework.

dotnet>
How about that... after allll your drivel, you finally got one thing right.
Neil Brooks wrote:

You're missing the point. Why tell a joke to someone who would not appreciate it?
We don't tell jokes for our OWN amusement, we do it to spread joy.

To a handful of people, perhaps.
What about those to whom it does NOT spread joy?
What ABOUT my neighbor -- the talented woodworker to whom I've suggested the online woodworking forum, and who lost his baby, last year?
What about my practicing Jew, woodworking, industry-insider brother, who would be aghast at the Holocaust jokes?
What about ANYBODY and EVERYBODY else that doesn't appreciate gallows humor?
Isn't this a woodworking site?
Shouldn't THEY be *actively* welcomed?
So far ... NOBODY has raised even a *single* point that "I'm missing."
Why NOT take your little sophomoric, backwater group to a private forum, if there are NO boundaries for the jokes you each enjoy -- jokes that make fun of others?
Why not e-mail each other with these jokes?
You really *can't* win this argument.
Not because of who I am ... except ... to the extent that "I'm on the side of the angels," on this issue.
It's rather like the concept that "the truth is the ultimate defense" to things like libel and slander charges.
I'm pretty much dead-nuts right, here. That makes my job *exceedingly* easy.

Well, don't read the jokes then. Do not subscribe to the newsgroup. Choose to ignore. There are a lot of things you can do if something offends you. There are a lot of wood working groups out there--read them instead.