Check out this guys shop wall

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is. Holly Crap.

woodchucker

Yeah, he needs anotheer tool or two.

Maybe he thinks that when you die the guy with most tools wins.

Reply to
athiker

Well? ...and your point is?

Reply to
krw

I guess I will concede to that.

By the way things look he built the storage system on the wall around all the tools he has.

Wonder what he would do if he bought another drill. Build a new place to put it?

Reply to
athiker

He must spend 80% of his shop time organizing. I spend 80% of my time trying to find my tape measure.

Reply to
Gramps' shop

Probably never needs to change a bit.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what he was saying! : )

Reply to
Bill

"Gramps' shop" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If you spend the other 20% using your tape measure, it's no wonder nothing gets done. *g* :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to have a shop like that.

Reply to
Swingman

Was he saying something?

Reply to
Leon

My immediate thought was, can we see anything that he has built? Or is he ready for his first project? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Beautiful.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Mine was how in the world can he use all of that stuff, enough times to justify the its cost

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Nothing wrong with that, it's what the guy likes. But I agree.

Reply to
woodchucker

Wellllllll I probably have all of that stuff. I just don't hold on to tools that no longer work and I have 2 large tool chests that are full that probably would take up more room on the wall than in the picture.

I really wonder if all of those cordless drills still work. Some people hang on to tools, working or not.

Having said all of that, he may actually make a living or sell his work which would pay for all of that stuff, all of my stuff has paid for it self time and again.

Reply to
Leon

Actually, I think I have that many drills, if you count drivers. I see 11?

Reply to
krw

Could be a compulsive buyer, or just believe that one more isn't enough.

Reply to
aquaboy

There is a lot of truth in that sentance. It is easy to end up with a lot of extra tools though. Before my accident at work I operated out of 4 different trucks so I accumalated a lot of duplicate tools just so I wouldn't have to move them from truck to truck and sometimes I could change trucks more then once in a day. I was working for an electrical contractor so I needed a fair variety of tools. I suppose I could get rid of some tools but I do enjoy them. All though unless I go back to work I have no idea what I'll do with the dual trace Ocilliscope. And it is handy at times to have an underground locator ect. I just wish I had the patience to be so organized in storing them. I'm also a little of the school of hiding it all from view to not encourage people to visit when I'm not home. Friends give me a bad time about living in a mobile home in the woods, but I just smile knowing its been paid for for over 30 years and my property taxes are about 1/3 of theirs.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Gee, and I thought it was excessive when I realized I hit five routers.

Reply to
LarryLev

Actually 5 sounds great, one for each bit that you commonly use. round over, chamfer, upcut spiral... are 3 common.

1 for table, 1 for whatever bit you need to not upset the others.
Reply to
woodchucker