Check out this guy's homemade table saw!

Naaah. Blade's on the up side. ;-)

Reply to
Doug Miller

I've flipped over the old circ saw to rip trim before. But I took quite a few more precautions than this guy, including a splitter and a foot switch.

Reply to
-MIKE-

There have been lots of "goog" saws in the past that had no splitter

- and if you are CAREFULL and know what you are doing setting up the saw, they don't kick back any worse than a normal saw with a splitter. But they need to be set up accurately.

Reply to
clare

I used to have a commercially available table saw "adapter" that used my skill saw in the same way - significantly refined, with a nifty very effective switch and all that. Got rid of it and got myself a good old cast iron BEAVER 8" table saw that did me for quite a few more years before I decided to downsize my wood shop - joined a woodworking club for when I needed equipment other than my hand tools and hand power tools.

Reply to
clare

Yea, he'll still (hopefully) have his toes.

Reply to
clare

LOL! mine is long gone in a land fill somewhere.

Reply to
Steve Barker

ya, ya, that's it. LOL!

Reply to
Steve Barker

At least he isn't leaning his hand on the table (or blade) while reaching under it to hit the switch & hold the lock button in, eh?

P.S: Who thinks that redneck could _ever_ count to ten?

-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Chances are good that he didn't source it there, Lew. Har!

-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You haven't seen him use his homemade bandsaw yet, have you?

-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have that book. Most projects/solutions in that book are pretty nifty. Perfect for the guy who either has no money or is so tight, that when he farts only dogs can hear him.

Reply to
Robatoy

Ditto, and I agree.

LOL! I hadn't heard that one before. It reminds me of the joke about the Scotsman inventing velcro so he could hear his wallet scream every time he opened it.

-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Make sure you wear a dustmask when a Dutchman open his wallet.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@u8g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

Nou, nou, Rob. Gedraag je een beetje, wil je? Ik heb net wat Festool spullen gekocht, en dat voor een hobbyist. Nou is mijn portemonnaie aan het krijsen! (glimlachje)

Reply to
Han

snipped-for-privacy@u8g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

Tis nog al wat. Geen problemen met de motten die eruit vlogen..of al dat spinnerag? Wat heb je aangeschaft?

Don't worry folks, Google Translate can handle this... till we switch over to esperanto...The Ultimate Nerd language...LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r19g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

Domino, CT26, Ro 90. Fantastisch!

Reply to
Han

snipped-for-privacy@r19g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

Wowsers. Congrats!

Reply to
Robatoy

Stuff always lands sharp end down.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Dueling?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

A lot of us started out like that before saving up for a real ts. Reasonably safe if you pay attention, use *two* clamps to lock in the fence, and don't try to rip a board across its short dimension.

Reply to
Father Haskell