Check out this guy's homemade table saw!

Page 2 of 3
On 3/23/11 2:54 PM, RicodJour wrote:

I've flipped over the old circ saw to rip trim before. But I took quite a few more precautions than this guy, including a splitter and a foot switch.
--

-MIKE-

So if it vibrates or bounces around too much, it automatically implements one of the safety features of the SawStop: the blade drops out of the way....

right on to his foot.
<leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

Naaah. Blade's on the up side. ;-)
wrote

Stuff always lands sharp end down.
On Mar 23, 4:12pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:23:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

It's pretty common to see setups like that on construction sites, especially siding jobs, in my area.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

my skill saw in the same way - significantly refined, with a nifty very effective switch and all that. Got rid of it and got myself a good old cast iron BEAVER 8" table saw that did me for quite a few more years before I decided to downsize my wood shop - joined a woodworking club for when I needed equipment other than my hand tools and hand power tools.
Doug Miller wrote the following:

Hey, he is wearing safety glasses. My concern, other than the redneck on-off switch, is how that saw is secured to the bottom of the board and is that board secured to the saw horses.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Doug Miller wrote:

Right! Every commercial table saw comes with a splitter these days!
Most are in a box somewhere in the shop.

Mines in a bag along with the guard. Original packageing. Never been used.
On 3/23/2011 3:50 PM, HeyBub wrote:

LOL! mine is long gone in a land fill somewhere.
--
Steve Barker
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:23:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

- and if you are CAREFULL and know what you are doing setting up the saw, they don't kick back any worse than a normal saw with a splitter. But they need to be set up accurately.
On 3/23/2011 11:53 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Here's one that doesn't take any hands. AND is steam driven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsafivfmrg&NR=1&feature=fvwp

--
Steve Barker
Looks more like they run it on baking soda and vinegar.
------------------------- "Steve Barker" wrote in message
Here's one that doesn't take any hands. AND is steam driven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsafivfmrg&NR=1&feature=fvwp

--
Steve Barker
On 3/23/2011 4:44 PM, Josepi wrote:

ya, ya, that's it. LOL!
--
Steve Barker

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:44:37 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You haven't seen him use his homemade bandsaw yet, have you?
-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen