Cheater Chuck

I saw a reference in the archives about a "cheater chuck", something that would let you use 1/2" drill bits in a 3/8" drill. I have an adapter that will do this, but it doesn't hold the bit tightly...keeps falling out. Is there something better?
You can buy 1/2 inch drill bits that have the chuck end turned down to 3/8. In fact, I have a whole set of drill bits and the ones that are larger than 3/8 all have been turned down. I guess I never needed a reducing chuck because I've had these and have never had any trouble with them.
--
Charley

< snipped-for-privacy@boundvortex.com> wrote in message
<<You can buy 1/2 inch drill bits that have the chuck end turned down to 3/8.>>
I'm trying to make use of a device that I already have that's 1/2 inch. I suppose I could grind the end down.
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@boundvortex.com wrote:

I found it easier to pick up a 1/2" drill at Harbor Freight for $28.
<<I found it easier to pick up a 1/2" drill at Harbor Freight for $28.

At that price, yes! All I need to do is stir mortar. I'll look into, thanks.

As always, wait for the sale price...