Chris
From:         Chris Friesen

Very nice. Now I could see that setup adding some speed to the operation, especially with a depth index on the router.
You can make certain mortises on a router table by using the fence and basically plunge cutting the mortise. Not a great method, but certainly will work.
A router lift that can be accurately raised would be a real bonus.
A much better way to is build a fairly simple mortising jig that allows you to use a plunge router.
I found the plans in Woodsmith...
I found the picture here of the jig:
http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/147/videos/setting-up-and-using-the-router-jig /
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

On 4 May 2006 16:34:13 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net"

No, you just drop the wood onto the bit where you want it to start and lift it off where you want it to end. There's nothing that says you have to push the wood completely past the bit.