cheap tracksaw

Page 2 of 2
On 3/31/2016 6:03 PM, notbob wrote:

Swingman showed you his track saw, below is what I have done with mine. I was commissioned by an airline company to build a display for their convention displays of their aircraft. The lower airplane is 60" long and has a 60" wing span. The posts that both are mounted on protrude through the top and anchor with a large peg, on the bottom end, into an inner lower shelf. The trick was to cut the hole exact and at a 15 degree angle through the top. The fit had to be very close to perfect to prevent wiggle. I use the TS75 track saw to simply plunge to make the cuts, not totally unlike the action of a drill press. I locked the saw so that it did not slide on the track. The track also is your alignment tool, it places the saw precisely where it needs to be. Anyway I covered the top with a Formica like material after cutting the hole in the top. I also rough cut all of the separate pieces of laminate with the track saw before adhering and trimming.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328044266/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328041568/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328048268/in/dateposted-public/
Oddly the company that built the rest of this commercial display could not build the one to display the star attractions. Like all of the other display components this had to be broke down and reassembled 50+ times all over the world.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8538589223/in/dateposted-public/
That was 3 years ago. Six months ago I was invited to the company's 25th anniversary party. It display still looked great. ;~)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21471452534/in/dateposted-public/
On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 11:54:49 -0700

the 6 inch model does not give much more cutting depth so this one looks even better at 115
i notice they call it a rail and not a track so maybe some patent issue

So is this, but it ain't cheap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuFejrI5mwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwrUMHu2oc

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-PSS3100se.html

Yikes!
Jes bring $$$$ and you can eventually sit in yer living room while yer workshop does all the actuall woodworking. How long before Microsoft gets wind of this and makes it an XBox pkg? ;)
nb