Cheap drill

Page 1 of 2

Hi. I am lookin for a quality, cheap drill. Any suggestions? Where can I order one from the web?
Zeke
buy a clean used milwaukee or bosch.     Bridger

When's the last time you purchased a quality made product cheaply......and where?

Bob S. wrote:

From the back of a van in a parking lot, and the seller kept looking over his shoulder.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

I bought a Porter Cable 12v drill kit at the Sam's Club here in Houston for $89. It has 330 in/lbs of torque, 2 Amp-hr batteries (2), a 1 hr charger, and a bonus 3.6v screwdriver. It's a very sweet deal if you can find it...I checked the Sam's last week in Ohio while on vacation, and they didn't have it.
Lowe's sells the Hitachi 14.4v kit for $89, which I hear is a great bargain. My father had a 9.6v Hitachi for several years, and he loves it.
Tom
What kind of drill? Get a used DeWalt or Milwaukee off eBay.
GTO(John)

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) wrote:

Quality and cheap don't often go together :-)
That being said, the last drill I bought was a Skill 3/8" VSR corded drill for $30. I'm sure it's not finest piece of drilling machinery ever devised by man, but it works fine for utility use in the shop and for $30 how can you complain?
Evryone wants something for nothing. Join the crowd.

I never said that I wanted it for free. I suppose I should have stated that I would like to find a low priced drill that will hold up. The thing is that I want to buy it NEW online not from an auction. This will be a gift.
Zeke
For all the cries of Crapsman and all that, you can't really go wrong by getting an inexpensive drill from Sears. They also offer a number of other manufacturers products.
Dave

David Babcock wrote:

Agreed. I have two. The oldest must be 8-10 years old.
-- Mark
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:33:08 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Plus they have a 2 year "no questions asked" warranty.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

I went to Sears' web site and looked at a number of their corded drills. The more expensive Craftsman drills carry a one year warranty. With the cheaper Craftsman drills the warranty isn't stated. Of the number of Craftsman drills I looked at I didn't find one with a two year warranty.
Nova wrote:

By going to their website you asked them a question, so the "No questions asked warranty" is null and void for unit Jack Novak

I have heard mixed reviews about Craftsman.
Zeke

Indeed.
JP
Zeke Redner wrote:

Crapsman, you mean? :)
I wouldn't be afraid to buy a drill from them. Mostly it's a matter of if you bought the thing wearing its native brand name from some place else, you'd get a molded plastic case and some extra bits or something for less money than the plain drill wearing a Crapsman sticker. They're just not a good value.
Having said that, I have a 7 amp Crapsman drill, and it kicks ass. I don't miss the molded plastic case, or the cheap bits, and nobody around here was selling anything like it wearing any other brand name. I needed a drill, I bought a drill, and it really kicks ass. Who cares if someone wants to look down his nose at me because my kick ass drill is a Crapsman?

Here's a 1/2" hammer-drill on sale for $10:
http://www.homier.com/default.asp?page=itemdetail.asp?i 486
I don't know how good the quality is but I have bought a few items from Homier and they've worked fine. I picked up one of their 3HP plunge routers for $50 that's worked great.
Lance

try harbor freight..... depending on what you are using it for.... at the price they are very reasonable...

Perfect! But does it come with the bits in the picture? Obviously it should, but the list does not mention it.
Zeke