Chatter at end of cut DeWalt Planner DW733.

If this is unique to one board, could it be related to grain changing direction at the point of the chatter? I've seen that before....

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
Reply to
W. Kirk Crawford

Clean the rollers with alcohol, if you haven't done that yet.

Dave

W. Kirk Crawford wrote:

Reply to
David

The feed and cutter head rollers run on spring mounted bushings, change these now! I kept on going when I started seeing that chatter and ended up replacing drive sprockets and chains along with the bushings. You can order direct from dewalt service and all the parts will be less than $20. It only takes an hour or so to replace all the parts and give the entire machine a good cleaning and servicing.

Knothead

Reply to
Knothead

I had the same thing happen. One of the bushings was worn which holds the feed roller. You could actually see the roller jumping up and down which was causing the chatter. It egged out on me which allowed that side of the roller to do this. I replaced both bushings since I had to tear the machine 3/4 of the way down. I was not impressed with the cheesy aluminum block DeWalt refers to as a bushing. This was the last of what I considered too many repairs. I expected a little more reliability out this unit especially since it was only being used for occassional hobby use. The only good thing I can say about the DW733 is that the blades are superior to anyone elses in class. Sold it and got a real planer immedaitely after that. You can order the bushings online - they were not expensive. Mark

Reply to
Mark